Articles of Association
1. The Chair is appointed by the Consiglio Generale, on the occasion of the first meeting, even from outside the Consiglio Generale.
2. The Consiglio Generale shall also appoint, with the procedures envisaged by article 17.2, up to two Vice-Chairs.
3. The Chair and the Vice-Chairs are not part of the Consiglio Generale and should they be taken from this they shall be replaced in the ways indicated in article 9.2.
4. The Chair shall hold office for the same term as the Consiglio Generale and his/her term of office shall expire with that of the Consiglio Generale, maintaining however his/her functions until the new Chair takes over office. He/she may be re-appointed only once.
5. The Chair shall be the Compagnia's legal representative. Furthermore he/she:
a) shall chair the meetings of the Consiglio Generale, set the agenda and direct the works without taking part in the voting;
b) shall chair the meetings of the Management Committee, set the agenda and direct the works.
6. The Chair shall take in the name of the Compagnia any measure that he/she deems opportune when there are urgent matters, reporting on these to the Management Committee at the next meeting.
7. In the case of absence or temporary impediment of the Chair the Vice-Chair shall assume the role. In the case of two Vice-Chairs, the functions shall be assumed by the one with the longer standing in office, or, in case of identical length of service, by the elder. Should the senior Vice-Chair be absent or temporarily incapacitated, he/she shall be replaced by the second Vice-Chair.
8. Should for any reason the Chair cease his functions before the end of his/her term of office, the senior Vice-Chair shall convene within thirty days of the event the Consiglio Generale, who shall appoint a new Chair. The Chair appointed in this way shall remain in office for the term that his/her predecessor would have remained in office.
9. The Chair shall receive, in addition to expenses arising from his/her office, a fixed annual fee and attendance fees determined by the Consiglio Generale, after consultation with the Board of Auditors.