The project is dedicated to offering concrete opportunities to inmates who are near the end of their prison term and need support in order to achieve the self-sufficiency that is indispensable for their successful reintegration into society; a further objective is to prevent situations that might lead to recidivism.
Recipients are adults who were released from prison no more than one year before, male or female, Italian or foreign, whose families or co-relational networks are in the city of Turin, and who fulfil the following conditions:
- release from prison after having served their entire sentence, including accessory penalties;
- beneficiary of conditional suspension of the penalty (pardon) or amnesty.
Beneficiaries of the pardon that was granted in August 2006 may participate in the project, even those taking part in the Department of Justice project called "A.Re.S. - Azioni di Reinserimento Sociale," which was defined in collaboration with PRAP - the Regional Superintendency of Penitential Administration of Piedmont and the Aosta Valley.
Logos is not for:
- people with problems involving active dependence on narcotics, alcohol, medicines or with psychiatric pathologies requiring other types of competences;
- foreigners who do not have a residence permit;
- people who are incarcerated or who are serving their sentence through alternative measures.
The proposed opportunities consist of:
- preparatory instruction for their reinsertion in the world of work;
- activation of a training apprenticeship to assist in their search for employment;
- temporary housing for those who require it;
- psychological support and family mediation for those who need help to redefine their role in relationships involving family, friends and society.
Participation in the initiatives begins with a request on the part of the persons interested in the project; importance is given to a strong motivation and awareness of the opportunity that is being offered.
Regional Superintendency of Penitential Administration of Piedmont and the Aosta Valley
Correctional facilities in Piedmont and the Aosta Valley
UEPE - (Offices of External Penal Execution) of Turin, Cuneo, Novara, Biella and Ivrea
Associazione Mastropietro of Cuorgné (TO)
Centro Studi sui problemi dell'età evolutiva Hänsel & Gretel of Moncalieri (TO)
Cooperativa Sociale Eta Beta a r.l. of Turin
La Ragnatela - Società Cooperativa Sociale of Turin
Ufficio Pio della Compagnia di San Paolo di Torino
Logos headquarters are located in Turin in Corso Arimondi 6/A.
Telephone +39 011 5183389
Fax +39 011 5682590
Information counter hours are the following: Monday to Friday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Meetings by appointment only.