In 2006 the Company Secretary’s office of Sanpaolo IMI transferred to the Historical Archives the archives of the General Secretariat still kept at the bank in an underground depository at the head office in Piazza San Carlo. These refer to documentation produced in the twentieth century (with the exception of some series dating from the nineteenth century), until privatisation in 1991. The main fonds are: Chairman’s office, Deputy-chairman’s office, General Manger’s office, General Secretariat (General Business, Grants, Staff, Advertising, Relations and coordination), Shareholdings, Legal affairs and litigation, External Relations.
Quantitywise this documentation is important - more than 400 metres - but it is even more so from a quality point of view, with fundamental series, such as the archives of chairmen, directors, general managers, the minutes of decision-making bodies, decrees and service orders and with archives of great interest, such as that of the Grants office, containing the paperwork from the post World War II period. A sizable part of the archives handed over integrates and continues the “Central Functions” fonds of section II. Istituto di San Paolo di Torino and other bodies.
The following series may be consulted:
Directors’ files (1868-1954)
Minutes of the Board of Directors - General and confidential business (1934-1967)
Minutes of the Board of Directors - Charitable institutions (1933-1967)
Resolutions submitted to the supervisory authority (1961-1967)
Minutes of the Permanent Committee - Financial minutes (1901)
Minutes of the Executive Committee (Giunta esecutiva) - General and confidential business (1933-1951)
Minutes of the Management Committee (Comitato esecutivo) - General and confidential business (1951-1967)
Minutes of the Board of Auditors (1964-1967) Decrees, communiqués and service orders (1933-1967)
Circular letters (1933-1967)